F AD Richter & Co - Anchor Blocks Circa 1900 (294 blocks)
By 1875 German brothers Otto and Gustav Lilienthal had created an alternative to unstable wooden blocks, manufacturing precisely-shaped building blocks from quartz sand, powdered chalk, and linseed oil. They called the new product Anker Blocks (known to Americans as Anchor Blocks). The brothers sold the design to entrepreneur Friedrich Ad. Richter, who immediately applied for a patent and established a factory for the sole purpose of producing Anchor Blocks.